NEW YORK WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES THE 2015 MATRIX HONOREES AND PRESENTERS
Distinguished Honorees and Presenters Include… Debra L. Lee, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Andrea Mitchell, Phylicia Rashad, Arianna Huffington among others.
New York Women in Communications will present the 2015 Matrix Awards on Monday, April 27 to honor six extraordinary women who have made significant contributions and established themselves within the communications industry. The award ceremony will be hosted by Meredith Corporation and Chobani at a luncheon in the world renowned Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Martha Stewart will emcee the eminent event.
The Matrix Awards is recognized by the communications and entertainment community as one of the most outstanding events of the year, with more than one thousand people from the industry expected to attend. The theme of the 45th annual Matrix Awards is “Women Who Change The World” through their outstanding achievements and talents in the communications fields.
THE 2015 MATRIX AWARD HONOREES & PRESENTERS
– Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, United States Senator, New York, presented by Arianna Huffington, President & Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post Media Group
– Debra L. Lee, Chairman & CEO, BET Networks, presented by Phylicia Rashad, Actor & Director
– Andrea Mitchell, Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, NBC News and Host, MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports, presented by Savannah Guthrie, Co-Anchor of “Today” and NBC News Chief Legal Correspondent
– Robbie Myers, Editor-in-Chief, ELLE Magazine, presented by Tony Goldwyn, Actor, Director & Producer
– Martine Reardon, Chief Marketing Officer, Macy’s, presented by Thalía, Singer, Actress, Entrepreneur, Author, Fashion Designer and Social Media Influencer
– Megan Smith, U.S. Chief Technology Officer, presented by Nicholas Negroponte, Co-Founder, MIT Media Lab and Founder, One Laptop per Child
“We are delighted to honor these six inspiring women who have become trailblazers in their industry”, said Linda Descano, President, New York Women in Communications. “They have broken through the barriers placed before them and are truly redefining the communications industry as a whole. Their accomplishments and success are remarkable and really drive our mission of empowering women home.”
Previous Matrix award recipients include Christiane Amanpour, Maya Angelou, Joanna Coles, Tina Fey, Queen Latifah, Dyllan McGee, Sheryl Sandberg, Barbara Walters and Anna Wintour to name a few.
“The Matrix Awards is the premier event for celebrating the milestones achieved by women in media and communications. We are honored to support the mission of New York Women in Communications and we congratulate the winners of this very well deserved award,” said Nancy Weber, CMO, Meredith Corporation.”
Portions of the proceeds from the Matrix Awards will benefit the organization’s Foundation which is dedicated to cultivating female leaders in the communications field. The Foundation offers financial support through generous scholarships to women at all levels, whether just beginning or embarking on a transition in their career. The Foundation also provides opportunities for professional development and mentoring, as well as an entrée to a diverse community of communications professionals.
“We’re thrilled to be a part of the Matrix Awards that recognizes and celebrates six remarkable women,” said Peter McGuinness, CMO, Chobani. “Their accomplishments inspire us all and have made a significant impact on our industry. They’re truly breaking the glass ceiling for the next generation of women in communication.”